Sr. Theresa Jones, FMA facilitated the first Girl Genius ENDOW group in Colorado Springs! For the first four Saturdays in November girls in the sixth, seventh, and eighth grades met at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, embarking upon a four week adventure to unveil Pope John Paul II’s message regarding the dignity and vocation of women.
The comments below show how much this study guide impacts the girls involved!:
- “Beauty comes from within.” Jessica
- “Girl Genius helped me understand myself better and to love myself because I’m beautiful inside more than out.” Kirana “Girl Genius helped me face how wrong the world is.” Charlotte
- “Not every girl is the same, but we hang out with people who do the same thing, with friends who share our values.” Ashlee
- “I feel that Girl Genius made me think about things and understand.” Samantha
- “In Girl Genius I got a better understanding of a woman’s dignity and learned that inner beauty is what really matters more than your outer beauty.” Marisa
- “With the heightened awareness the Girl Genius program provides, young ladies are better equipped to be critical evaluators of the desired female image our world presents. My prayer is that these beautiful young ladies live what they learned and spread to others the message of what comprises one’s dignity.” Sr. Theresa Jones, FMA